MCAT Re-Take: Which Practice Tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studliness

half man, half amazing
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I will be taking the MCAT a 2nd time and was curious as to which practice tests I could take. The first time around I took most the Kaplan FL's and all of the AAMC tests. I averaged 32's on the AAMC practice tests, never scoring below 30 and scoring 34 and 36 once. However, on test day I didn't do nearly as well (scored a 25) and still can't say exactly what happened.

I am currently studying with the EK Complete Study Package which includes one written full-length (new MCAT format), but I'm not sure if it's any good.

Would you guys recommend that I re-take any of the AAMC tests? I took my first MCAT in July so I doubt I would remember the AAMC practice tests if I were to retake them.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to which practice tests I should take.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

IronMan2009

Mind.Body.Health
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thats crazy man i'm in the exact same boat, my AMCAS scores were all in the low 30's, scoring a 35 on my best shot, but I went in for the real thing and tanked in july. I ended up with a 25, 10 PS, 9 Bio and 6 in verbal. I think it was because i was so nervous and i couldn't keep focused at all, I mean when i walked out of there i knew the verbal section tore me a new one.

I bought the EK study package and got through all the books. The problem was for me that I already took all the AMCAS practice tests but I started today with the 6R and am going to retake up to the 10 before the test. I just did exactly what I would do on test day, started at noon, and wrote the essays so it would be more like the actual day, keeping your focus for around 5 hours. It went well I scored a 12 PS 12 Bio and 9 in verbal. I remembered some of the information as I was reading it but I do not believe that it effected my score that much. The actually one question on the test that stood out I got wrong. I would suggest retaking it just for the practice at getting your mind and body tuned up to the real thing, but I can't vouch for how effective this will be because.

I'm also doing sample passages from the EK 1001 chem and orgo books everyday just to get some fresh information to look at.

Good luck man.

voirlesetoiles

Focus.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before my first take of the MCAT, I kind of remember looking up a few threads.... I think AAMC was most commonly stated as the best... especially tests 7-10.

tourniquet1963

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
same boat.. my first attempt was in July.. but.. on the aamc tests the highest i ever got was a 27.. and i ended up with a 27 on the real thing.. if only it was a few point higher i wouldnt have to retake this beast. But yeah, i took all the kaplans and all the aamc tests. so for my april re-take... i dont know which tests to take.. i have the EK 1H exam, and i have some paper Kaplan Mcats and a few of the AAMC. ill do them again even thoughth ive done them before.. The problem is i dont have any that are computer based, other than the free ones offered by princeton, kaplan and aamc.

Members don't see this ad :)

Vanguard23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any new AAMC tests out? 10 was the last one I took last year

studliness

half man, half amazing
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took AAMC9 and scored a 33 (10, 10, 13) -- didn't remember any of it. I thought the verbal was a bit harder/more boring than what I've seen in the past. BS section was pretty easy, however.

Decicco

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OP, I'm in the same boat. Scored most around 30s, with a high of 34, and ended up with a 26.