MCAT Refund Frustration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FireBolt123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have registered for the upcoming April test, but due to personal reasons, I won't be able to attend. I contacted the MCAT Program Office, and they said they will only give me a partial refund. This just sounds so outrageous to me. I mean, it is not like I have taken the test or whatever. Plus, I notified them weeks before the test date, so they should be able to give back my money since they haven't done any service for me that is worth $100. They won't even let me change my test date to August; they said I would need to get a partial refund and register again. I don't know why AAMC is ripping off college students, and I think this is a greedy and shady tactic. Has this happened to anyone here? Does anyone know how you can get a full refund?

Members don't see this ad.

This is not shady business. When you purchased the ticket you agree to the refund policy. And without this refund policy I'm sure too many people would just put off the MCAT for August.

FireBolt123 said:
Hi All,
I have registered for the upcoming April test, but due to personal reasons, I won't be able to attend. I contacted the MCAT Program Office, and they said they will only give me a partial refund. This just sounds so outrageous to me. I mean, it is not like I have taken the test or whatever. Plus, I notified them weeks before the test date, so they should be able to give back my money since they haven't done any service for me that is worth $100. They won't even let me change my test date to August; they said I would need to get a partial refund and register again. I don't know why AAMC is ripping off college students, and I think this is a greedy and shady tactic. Has this happened to anyone here? Does anyone know how you can get a full refund?