MCAT refunds/reschedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnesthesiaMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm scheduled to take the MCAT on August 20 and I'm not ready and I doubt I will be ready by then. If I cancel my reservation and get the $105.00 refund, will this have any effect on my registration for January or February for next year? Will I just be required to re-register and pay the $210.00 with no questions asked? Or will schools know that I canceled my original test date and look down upon this? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm scheduled to take the MCAT on August 20 and I'm not ready and I doubt I will be ready by then. If I cancel my reservation and get the $105.00 refund, will this have any effect on my registration for January or February for next year? Will I just be required to re-register and pay the $210.00 with no questions asked? Or will schools know that I canceled my original test date and look down upon this? Thanks in advance!

It shouldn't show up anywhere if you've canceled a test. It will show up if you take the test and choose to void it at the end, though. You'd still be on record for taking that particular tests. And no, I don't think med schools really care one way or another, but I can't speak for them. You're safe if you cancel/reschedule the exam. Take a look at AAMC's policy to find out for sure.