MCAT Registration help please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ehara1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here is my situation,

I am registered to take the MCAT on May 12th, and plain and simply, I am not ready. I finish school on May 1st and want to take an entire month to refocus on the MCAT since I have been side-tracked because of school for the last month. I want to register for May 31st, but all the locations around the Midwest are full and I would have to fly to New Mexico or California from Chicago, and that does not seem like the best option. I really want/need to take it May 31st, because that is the absolute latest time that I can because anything else is too late as far as getting my score and apps in. Its sticky now because I have to either change my date by April 28th or cancel it, or else I am stuck because thats the last day to do so. I only have two days, and have been checking like crazy and cant find any open places.

Would it be wise to cancel my MCAT date on the 12th and study like I normally would be taking it for the 31st, and keep constantly checking and eventually a seat will open up hopefully in Missouri or Iowa or Indiana or anything close to Chicago, or is that a bad idea? I feel like people drop all the time the closer it gets to their test date, because May 12th is practically open everywhere now and a month ago it wasnt. What do you guys think I should do?

Please only helpful responses because I know I messed up and should have done this earlier, so I don't need to be reminded about it. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

im in the same situation! except i havent even registered! the only opening in canada is in august!!. I really hoping that july 6 or 14 opens up for me...im even considering flying to montana for the june 21... Is it worth it?

p.s i dont think a date in june or even july is very late...i think if cna find a date for june or july take it!

i am also in the same boat...THERE IS NOT ENOUGH EXAMS DATES OR LOCATIONS IN CANADA FOR THE MCAT...point blank...it irriates me...i wanted May 31..that test dates doesnt even exist in canada and the closest one is in DC...not happening

June 21 is full...should i fly to Cali for a test? i dont think so...AAMC needs to get its act together. SInce everything on Computers why not have more test dates and locations. electronics should make life easier for people not difficult.

im in the same situation! except i havent even registered! the only opening in canada is in august!!. I really hoping that july 6 or 14 opens up for me...im even considering flying to montana for the june 21... Is it worth it?

p.s i dont think a date in june or even july is very late...i think if cna find a date for june or july take it!

oops I was using my sisters laptop and was signed into her account!..

but, Cdn mo, what do you think ur going to do? im seriously considering flying out to montana or Texas ( even though this is going to be a bit more expensive, I have some distant relatives there and it would just make me feel better knowing im not completely alone in a strange place)..

i really think june 21 vs july 27 (if a seat opens up) vs. aug 3 ( my current date) can make a huge difference..

what do u guys think?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think am going wait a bit...i didnt register for any date..because if i dont get june 21 theres not point of doing the MCAT in aug. ill be missing this cycle...and i can save myself the 70$ of switching later

But i really hope something opens up...i wont mind going to states close to Ontario (where am form) but texas is waaaaaaaaay to far.

I will hope that some people will find themselves unprepared and drop out lool

There's only limited dates in Canada throughout the summer due to the differences in the application process between here and the United States.

MCAT is requirement for all Canadian medical schools except the french ones. so what are you talking about? per population theres less available dates in Canada than the state of Montana. Explain that to me?

I think Canada needs its owe version!!!

Reactions: 1 user
You'd be surprised how many people drop their test date starting a few weeks before the exam. Start looking a month before the exam date, but most drop within two weeks. I have always found a seat when I needed to, at my preferred testing center. Be diligent.

You'd be surprised how many people drop their test date starting a few weeks before the exam. Start looking a month before the exam date, but most drop within two weeks. I have always found a seat when I needed to, at my preferred testing center. Be diligent.

thanks for the advice! that gives me some hope... ill keep checking!

Just found a seat for July 27! I took it even thought its a 3 hour ride... ill keep checking for an earlier date for july.
will july 6 or 14 vs. july 27 make a big difference?

Iplan to have everything else on my app completed while waiting for the mcat scores.

so if my app is complete by end of august it that considered late?.