MCAT repeaters...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scowdeva

MS I
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that AMCAS automatically sends out your scores to med schools, but here is my specific question: my retake scores should be up on the 23rd, but my file is already complete at a few schools. Do I need to contact them to tell them more scores are coming? I put in my primary that I was retaking it, but most secondaries didn't have anywhere for me to add it. I would hate to get rejected without them seeing my new scores at least!

Members don't see this ad.

I know that AMCAS automatically sends out your scores to med schools, but here is my specific question: my retake scores should be up on the 23rd, but my file is already complete at a few schools. Do I need to contact them to tell them more scores are coming? I put in my primary that I was retaking it, but most secondaries didn't have anywhere for me to add it. I would hate to get rejected without them seeing my new scores at least!

They know.

So I should just try and take the 'file complete' emails with a grain of salt, knowing thats the last thing they are going to get are my new scores...good to know! Any ideas on how long it takes for them to recognize them? Kinda on the same time frame as letters, etc? I'm trying to get my files complete in the late-early period...

Members don't see this ad :)
So I should just try and take the 'file complete' emails with a grain of salt, knowing thats the last thing they are going to get are my new scores...good to know! Any ideas on how long it takes for them to recognize them? Kinda on the same time frame as letters, etc? I'm trying to get my files complete in the late-early period...

Actually, if I were you, and I got a "complete status" at a school I would definitely call or email them to let them know that you're still waiting for an MCAT retake score. If you don't get a complete status/email, you probably don't need to contact them.

did you state on your AMCAS that you were expecting a score from a retake?
If so, the schools should get the message.