MCAT requirements for scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buomyta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the minimum MCAT requirement is for scholarship recepients?

Members don't see this ad.

bogatyr said:
If you can get into a US medical school, you can get the scholarship.

yup.

Members don't see this ad :)
buomyta said:
Does anyone know what the minimum MCAT requirement is for scholarship recepients?

For a Navy HPSP scholarship, 24 is the minimum MCAT that they will usually consider, although they sometimes go slightly lower on a case by case basis, especially if they are not at the numbers they want late in the year. If you have a 27 MCAT and a 3.5 GPA, you can get an "auto-select" type acceptance for the Navy HPSP. You still must be able to get a security clearance and pass the physical though. I'm guessing other branches have similar requirements. Basically, if you can get into med school, you can probably qualify for the scholarship. And, you can go the D.O. route too and still get the HPSP.

Tony2009 said:
For a Navy HPSP scholarship, 24 is the minimum MCAT that they will usually consider, although they sometimes go slightly lower on a case by case basis, especially if they are not at the numbers they want late in the year. If you have a 27 MCAT and a 3.5 GPA, you can get an "auto-select" type acceptance for the Navy HPSP. You still must be able to get a security clearance and pass the physical though. I'm guessing other branches have similar requirements. Basically, if you can get into med school, you can probably qualify for the scholarship. And, you can go the D.O. route too and still get the HPSP.

the "security clearance" is a joke (it's not like "Top Secret"...it's the same one any ENLISTED person takes)

the physical...you can get waivers.

= agree: med school = scholarship (even for DOs)

Tony2009 said:

auto select moved up to 31 according the navy recruiter I talked to....

MS3NavyFS2B said:
the "security clearance" is a joke (it's not like "Top Secret"...it's the same one any ENLISTED person takes)

the physical...you can get waivers.

= agree: med school = scholarship (even for DOs)

Hmmm... Navy may be different, but in the AF, clearance is quite separate from rank. It almost seems like you're sneering because you had to fill out the same paperwork as the enlisted.