1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Friday, December 9 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MCAT reschedule?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Baraa Osman, 01.12.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Baraa Osman

Baraa Osman _oatmanbar_ 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hello all,
    I am a pre-med student who will be taking the MCAT exam. I am currently scheduled for the April 5th exam date. However, I've come across a predicament. I will also be studying abroad March 1st to march 9th where I won't be able to study or prepare much for the MCAT. My fear is that this week off will hinder my preparation for the April 5th exam. My question to you is should I consider rescheduling the exam to the April 11th or 24th date? Or should I just take it April 5th and not reschedule it at all?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Jepstein30

Jepstein30 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Studying abroad for a week? Interesting...

It's far enough away that you should be able to do without (even closer is no big deal as long as you prep right.. I was away the two weekends before my test). That being said, extra study time is never a bad thing so if there's nothing wrong with taking it later (like classes, other commitments, etc.) push it off but continue studying as if you were taking it on the 5th.

About the ads