MCAT retake, end of july test date, apply before score or wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wya2020

Full Member
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
325
Reaction score
197

Members don't see this ad.
my first mcat score was rough lol. i am retaking it july 20-something and would have scores back first week of august or so...should i wait until my score is back to add schools to my app, which i will have verified at one school before then. i don't want to be at a disadvantage with a later application as i know many med schools have said they will review apps of people with late test dates without the score. however, i also do not want to be disqualified based on my first score. would a school wait on the pending score? would a v bad first score be enough to not warrant reconsideration later? should i just wait to add schools in august? would this put me at a disadvantage (lol def yes bc rolling but honestly what can i do at this point)
 

windowgardener

Full Member
Joined
May 10, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
What was the issue with your first test? What are your practice test scores? If you are taking weekly full-length practice tests in test conditions and they are coming in slightly above where you'd like them to, I'd go ahead and get the application in for verification. I waited last year for mine to come in and wish I hadn't!
 

Coffee&Scrubs26

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2018
Messages
95
Reaction score
93
Finalize your app by sending it to a throwaway school and then when you receive your new score apply broadly.
 
Top