MCAT retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Holidayglove246

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I sadly got a 499 (126/120/125/128) on the mcat exam and I was wondering if I should retake the exam again in a month for DO schools or if I should still start secondary applications. My cumulative undergraduate gpa is 2.96 with science being 2.84. I did a post bacc program and I got a gpa of 3.68. I have over 1000+ of clinical experience from being a scribe and a medical assistant. The only reason why I’m a little hesitant to retake the exam is because CARS has been a really difficult section for me to do well on. Could I improve my CARS in a month? Any help will be beneficial !