mcat review series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whiteshoes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im taking a tpr course and along with the tpr exam they have an MCAT Review series CBT so I took on the bio section and it was extremely difficult. I had been getting 10-11 on bio for aamc 3-7 thus far and I got 7 on this one. Any way I came across a couple of passages that presented 3 long chunks of cases/experiments.I read it all step after step after step. By the time I finally finished reading the last case I could hardly remember the details of the 1st case. So when i got to the questions 2/5 didn't even need the passage and the rest didn't even ask about case 2. The rest 3/5 i looked for a key word and I had to skim the blocks of paragraphs and sort of re-read the sentences above and below and use background knowledge to answer the questions.

So next time if see a long experiment should i just screw wasting the 1st 5-6 minutes trying to understand the experiments and just hit the questions immediately? especially since the mcat is now becoming more verbal like this i imagine

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in TPR right now too. Cracking and MCAT review are their hardest by far. I usually get 60's and up, though my lowest has been a 29. My advice: skim passage once, get a grip of it. Do it ONE more time if you didn't get it the first time and that's it before moving on to the questions. If you didn't understand it, you'll have to rely on the questions to stimulate your mind.

I'm in TPR right now too. Cracking and MCAT review are their hardest by far. I usually get 60's and up, though my lowest has been a 29. My advice: skim passage once, get a grip of it. Do it ONE more time if you didn't get it the first time and that's it before moving on to the questions. If you didn't understand it, you'll have to rely on the questions to stimulate your mind.

thanks..

Review the problems you got wrong first in heavy detail, if there were questions you didn't know 100% review those too. It will take a lot of time, but that is how we improve.