MCAT score needed for Wright State and OSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TripleDegree

Joker Doctor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to all acceptees of the above two schools.

Is there such thing as a guaranteed MCAT score that will get you into one of the above schools? Of course, the rest of the application is decent too (decent GPA, decent LORs, essays, some clinical etc)

So, hypothetically, if someone got a 38 on the MCAT, would that be at least an interview guarantee?

Thanksv

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by TripleDegree

Is there such thing as a guaranteed MCAT score that will get you into one of the above schools? Of course, the rest of the application is decent too (decent GPA, decent LORs, essays, some clinical etc)

So, hypothetically, if someone got a 38 on the MCAT, would that be at least an interview guarantee?

Thanksv

No. Nothing in the med school app process is guaranteed.

Originally posted by TripleDegree

Thanksv

nope.

if you get a 38, you probably wouldnt be looking at Wright State, their average is around a 27 or lower. It would be a hard sell to convince them that you would want to go there. But if you're really in to the community hospitals and focus on primary care, make it very clear from the start.

I'm assuming you're an Ohio resident because that has more to do with whether or not you will get in at Wright than your MCAT. Ohio State is just the opposite (less emphasis on residency, more emphasis on MCAT). Have you thought about MCO or Cincy if you're an Ohio resident?

I believe that if you're a well rounded in-state applicant with a 38 MCAT you will get in to one of the Ohio schools. Even if you had a 32 you would have an excellent shot. (Assuming a GPA around 3.5)

pm me if you have any questions..