MCAT Score Validity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ridethecliche

Meep Meep Meep
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I did a search already and looked at this as well:
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/releasingscores/

I'm signed up for the test in may, but might be switching jobs to something that requires a 2 year commitment and I'm wondering the following.

I'm taking the exam in may 2011, so does that mean that the score will remain valid if I apply in fall 2012 OR fall 2013? Or can I apply in fall 2014 with the score as well?

I know that AAMC says 3 years, but is that by calendar year or by test date.

Thanks for any help!

Thanks for any help!

Note: Mods please redirect this thread if it's better somewhere else.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
most schools require MCAT to be taken no more than three years before either application or matriculation. which one really depends on the schools.

AAMC is not your best source for info on this, you're going to have to look at the websites for the schools you're interested in.

i'd be surprised if anyone takes a score written this spring for the class of 2019.

most schools require MCAT to be taken no more than three years before either application or matriculation. which one really depends on the schools.

AAMC is not your best source for info on this, you're going to have to look at the websites for the schools you're interested in.

i'd be surprised if anyone takes a score written this spring for the class of 2019.

Right, that's why I was asking for applications started in fall 2013/2014. I.e. could I apply for the cycle starting in the respective year.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Everyone,

I did a search already and looked at this as well:
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/releasingscores/

I'm signed up for the test in may, but might be switching jobs to something that requires a 2 year commitment and I'm wondering the following.

I'm taking the exam in may 2011, so does that mean that the score will remain valid if I apply in fall 2012 OR fall 2013? Or can I apply in fall 2014 with the score as well?

I know that AAMC says 3 years, but is that by calendar year or by test date.

Thanks for any help!

Thanks for any help!

Note: Mods please redirect this thread if it's better somewhere else.

I think this is what gravity was saying as applying in fall '14 would start in '15 and therefore be class of 2019.

But, like he said you will just have to look at the school's webites in the admissions pages to find out the earliest that they will take the MCAT score.

I think this is what gravity was saying as applying in fall '14 would start in '15 and therefore be class of 2019.

But, like he said you will just have to look at the school's webites in the admissions pages to find out the earliest that they will take the MCAT score.

Wow I totally misread that...

But it should be good for applying till atleast fall of '13 right?

I'll check some schools out as well.

Edit:

Checked out a few. For 2012, hopkins takes them as early as 2007.

Temple took them from 08 onwards for entering in 2011.

Drexel: 2008 for entering 2011.

So it looks like 3 years is the norm. Thus, I should be fine for applying to enter in 2014 if I take it this may.

Thanks!

Last edited: