MCAT Scores and NRMP

Started by medravi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medravi

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be an MS-1 this fall. I was just curious as to whether the application for the match asks for your MCAT score. I was lucky enough not to have to take the MCAT per a program through my school. Does the application just ask for USMLE scores, grades, ECs, etc.?
 
The current application for residency through the NRMP does NOT ask for your MCAT scores. However, certain individual programs, especially those in competitive specialties (ie, Plastics) may indeed ask for your MCAT scores. These can be submitted to ERAS by your school and uploaded that way or the program may ask for score reports for the NBME themselves.

Hope this helps.