MCAT Scores Aug 2004 on 10/2 possibly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnB79

The Dragon Reborn
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
here is an email I got from the AAMC regarding the aug 2004 MCAT

The AAMC and the MCAT Program Office will use all available and reasonable
means to transmit MCAT score reports by first-class mail to examinees
approximately 60 days after each test date. Allow for mailing time, and if
you do not receive a score report within this time frame, you may contact
the MCAT Program Office. Under no circumstances will scores be given to
examinees over the telephone.

In addition, scores may be obtained online, at no cost, at the time the
score file goes to the printer, approximately 50 days after test date. They
and all previous MCATs may be accessed through the MCAT Testing History
(THx) Report System, at www.aamc.org/mcat.

We do not anticipate a delay in score reporting due to the hurricane at
this point in time.

Thank you,
MCAT Program Office
PO Box 4056
Iowa City IA 52243-4056
319-337-1357
8:30 to 5:00 CST

Thus since it has been 39 days since the MCAT only 11 more to go till we get our scores WHOO HOOO

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get the e-mail either, and the website does say sixty days from the date the test was taken. Something isn't making sense here.

If it is truly in 11 more days, then wow....that's coming up fast.

Edit:

Nevermind. I didn't see the other thread, the one in which he said he had already e-mailed the AAMC and was awaiting a reply.

I still stand by Oct 12th date.

For april mcat, there was a similar rumor about scores coming out on June 7th. It didn't. It came out on June 14/15.

Don't believe that crap. The scores will most likely be up around 11 pm on Oct. 11th. The April tests were up the night before the 60th day, so I'm thinking itll be the same for august scores.

Ok, so I wrote the aamc asking them if it's true and this is what they wrote back:

Thank You for contacting the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) program.

Scores from each MCAT administration will be mailed out approximately 60 days after test day by the MCAT Program Office in Iowa City. You may contact them directly at (319) 337-1357.

You may also view your scores online (slightly earlier than the 60 days) using the new Testing History (THx) Report system at www.aamc.org/mcat.

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

The MCAT Care Team
Association of American Medical Colleges Section for Applicant Assessment Services 2450 N St., NW Washington, DC 20037 U.S.A.

General Inquiries: 202-828-0690
Test Administration: 319-337-1357
Policy & Research: 202-828-0690
www.AAMC.ORG/MCAT

o boy..here we go again...we had this on the april exam too....lol...i sat here for weeks waiting and waiting and waiting......

someone should post these two letters on the e-mcat.com site general discussions boards and ask MCAT staff to confirm.

I an not a real math whiz or anything(exactly why I am pre-med:), but since we took the exam on August 14th, and since we have to wait 60 days to recieve our results, does that not mean we shoud know how we did on Oct. 14th? Like I said, not a math whiz or anything....but still does Oct. 14th not make sense??

FWIW, I got a similar message about the score being online in 50 days. Perhaps someone can confirm with the MCAT office.

(but honestly, I'm not really looking forward to seeing my score!)

First off, I don't know why some people got this message while others did not. Did you inquire as to when they would be available like the OP had ? Also, could someone copy OP's message and put on e-mcat forums to MCAT staff and maybe we can get a real answer.

I got the e-mail after I wrote the office about traveling during the month of october and the possibility that I may not have access to the internet around that time. This is what they wrote:

(quote)

Hi xxx,

I am sorry but the scores are just not available until 50 days after the
test. Maybe you could go ahead and set up an account with AAMC through the
THX system where you get your scores on line. Then do you know someone
over here that you could trust and when its time they could access your
account and get your scores for you and tell you your scores? Getting the
scores earlier than the 50 days is just not an option.

Thank you,
MCAT Program Office
PO Box 4056
Iowa City IA 52243-4056
319-337-1357
8:30 to 5:00 CST

The reason people are not getting this email is because they didn't send it out en mass they only replied to me because I emailed them asking about it... if you email them you probably will get the same response. BUt try it and we'll see