MCAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know how long my August 2002 MCATs can be used to apply to US allopathic medical schools. Is this June's application for the entering class of 2005 the last chance? Or can I use them for next June (entering class of 2006)? I searched everywhere and I found 3 years. But 3 years according to the application cycle or entering class year?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

application cycle

I took the August 2001 MCAT and I was under the impression I could have applied one more year. So I could have used it for this June cycle and then it would be expired. But some schools have different requirements and some you can't use it as long as others.

So I think you can use yours for this June and then next June. But when in doubt, and of course after you have asked us here on SDN, call the schools you are interested in or email their dean of admissions and ask them. they will be able to tell you the correct answer for their schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
bump

b
u
m
p

pmub

p
m
u
b

BUMP!!!!!!

most schools allow mcat scores for 3 years.

sounds like youre okay for even next June. but call some schools and check.

you can apply now and defer for a year too if accepted. but i dont know what your situation is.