premed

15+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2002
HAAAR-vard of the West
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know how long my August 2002 MCATs can be used to apply to US allopathic medical schools. Is this June's application for the entering class of 2005 the last chance? Or can I use them for next June (entering class of 2006)? I searched everywhere and I found 3 years. But 3 years according to the application cycle or entering class year?

Thanks

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I took the August 2001 MCAT and I was under the impression I could have applied one more year. So I could have used it for this June cycle and then it would be expired. But some schools have different requirements and some you can't use it as long as others.

So I think you can use yours for this June and then next June. But when in doubt, and of course after you have asked us here on SDN, call the schools you are interested in or email their dean of admissions and ask them. they will be able to tell you the correct answer for their schools.

About the Ads

docmemi

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
Los Angeles, Calif.
Status (Visible)
sounds like youre okay for even next June. but call some schools and check.

you can apply now and defer for a year too if accepted. but i dont know what your situation is.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.