MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nochaser

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got my MCAT scores yesterday...I feel like a schmuck, especially since I thought the test was not that hard...oh well, here's to doing it all over again in April...<sigh>... :(

Members don't see this ad.

Was this your first time taking it? If so, don't let the experience be wasted. Use what you've learned to better prepare yourself next year.

Good luck next time, and I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't get what you were hoping for.

Hang in there nochaser! Like Jamier2
said, chalk it up to learning! Of course I'll have to try to remember that advice when I finally get my scores!
Keep your chin up and remember that your goal is worth fighting for!
Good Luck and keep focused!
L :)
I

Members don't see this ad :)
yep, first time. thanks for your posts, you guys are ggggggrrrrrrreat! :)

hey no chaser...i'll probably be in the same boat as you, taking the MCAT again in April...don't worry man... :)

I am dreading going home today and opening my mailbox... April MCATs... here we go again :cool:

Hey nochaser, I wanted to ask you the average scores for the august MCATs are given on your score sheet. I haven't recieved mine yet and I wanna know what to expect. As for your score, Is it your first time taking it? Don't worry, you can try again. The first time is always a practice run anyways, (unless your some sort of a genius). Most people take the test twice, don't worry.

Hey nochaser, I wanted to ask you the average scores for the august MCATs are given on your score sheet. I haven't recieved mine yet and I wanna know what to expect.

Averages for combined April/August 2001 tests, of 54,503 examinees:

VR: 7.9
PS: 8.2
BS: 8.4
WS: M

And yes, this was my first time taking the MCAT, and my numbers reflect these averages, more or less...but, the schools I have applied to ACCEPT scores ABOVE the national average, so I do not expect to get in anywhere due to these scores. It's not taking the MCAT again that bothers me. It's going through the whole AMCAS thing again that send chills up my spine! Anyway, congrats to you all that kicked a** on the test!!!

Small correction. Writing sample 50th percentile was O.

Nochaser, you could add some schools where your scores would make you more competitive. Just a thought. I can understand if you don't feel like doing that. But hey, it might save you taking the MCAT over and dealing with AMCAS again!

Hey Nochaser,

Sorry to hear about your low score. I'm still anxiously waiting for mine :eek:

I was just wondering if you remember what test form you had. In an earlier post, you mentioned that you didn't find the test that hard... I kinda felt the same way about mine (except for verbal), so I'm a bit nervous about what to expect.

Thanks! :)

I had from BN...though BM would be more fitting!