Miss155

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hi

I would like to set up a forum to give helpful MCAT strategies. One of my strategies is to do the free standing questions first, in the bio and physical section. Please add on so that we might be able to help each other out. Thanks.

Tinker Creek

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2004
Status
Fill in your grid after each section and not all at once in the end.

juniper456

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
i take a few seconds to look through all the passages at the very beginning to determine which ones are easiest. then i do all the easy ones first. this way i don't miss out on an easy one at the end for lack of time.

cfdavid

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Miss155 said:
Hi

I would like to set up a forum to give helpful MCAT strategies. One of my strategies is to do the free standing questions first, in the bio and physical section. Please add on so that we might be able to help each other out. Thanks.
If timing is an issue, I think thats a good strategy. I sometimes have trouble "giving up" on a harder question, and that can get you into timing trouble. Most of us enjoy solving problems, and it takes discipline to blow off a prob that is simply taking you too long. Regardless, the free standing questions tend to be a bit easier, but the only concern is bubbling errors as a result of moving around. You just need to be very carefull of that.