Mcat Strategies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miss155

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I would like to set up a forum to give helpful MCAT strategies. One of my strategies is to do the free standing questions first, in the bio and physical section. Please add on so that we might be able to help each other out. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Fill in your grid after each section and not all at once in the end.

My strategy was to answer all the questions correctly! :D

i take a few seconds to look through all the passages at the very beginning to determine which ones are easiest. then i do all the easy ones first. this way i don't miss out on an easy one at the end for lack of time.

Miss155 said:
Hi

I would like to set up a forum to give helpful MCAT strategies. One of my strategies is to do the free standing questions first, in the bio and physical section. Please add on so that we might be able to help each other out. Thanks.

If timing is an issue, I think thats a good strategy. I sometimes have trouble "giving up" on a harder question, and that can get you into timing trouble. Most of us enjoy solving problems, and it takes discipline to blow off a prob that is simply taking you too long. Regardless, the free standing questions tend to be a bit easier, but the only concern is bubbling errors as a result of moving around. You just need to be very carefull of that.