MCAT Student Manual

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stanford05

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I have heard people talking about the MCAT student manual, presumably published by the AAMC. What exactly does this include? Is it important enough for me to find a copy?

Thanks guys.. good luck with the studying!

Members don't see this ad.

It's a free download at the MCAT site, so you should definitely get it. It has some practice items, and it lists all of the categories of knowledge that could possibly be tested (not counting info that is given in passages, of course). I think it's a good idea to run through it a couple of weeks before the test and make sure that you haven't missed any concepts that might be on. I found a few bits and pieces that I hadn't gone over before in classes or MCAT prep, and while none of them ended showing up on my test, taking an hour or two to do this could possibly get you a couple of questions that you might not have gotten otherwise.

also make sure to read the most up to date 2003 mcat bulletin which is a little different from the student manual itself which has not been updated since 1995!

I am having trouble finding the link to this info online. Does anyone have it handy?