1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Friday, December 9 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MCAT Study Group for Los Angeles

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by hometownbrewin, 09.28.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. hometownbrewin

hometownbrewin B.S. in BSing 2+ Year Member

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but I was wondering if anyone in LA is currently studying for the MCAT and would like to form a study group of some sort. I'm taking the test in mid-January and started the SN2ed schedule last week. I've been having a lot of trouble focusing at home so now I'm planning to hit up the library on occasion and hop from coffee shop to coffee shop, basically staying there the whole day. It'd be nice to have people to study with, or, at the very least, people to discuss content or bounce questions off of. I'm in the Fairfax District/West Hollywood area. If anyone's down to create a group, let me know

Last edited: 09.28.14
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Ryomagoku

Ryomagoku 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I don't live in LA, but I am from SoCal. My exam is on Jan 10th, and I am using the same method as you.
    But the flaw is that I live like 30min away from LA and I still go to school :/

4. John Buster

John Buster SDN Bronze Donor Bronze Donor 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Where in LA are you thinking?

5. hometownbrewin

hometownbrewin B.S. in BSing 2+ Year Member

I'm in West Hollywood, so anywhere within like a 3 mile radius. But there are a lot of nice cafes and stuff in my area so I just tend to stay close by.

6. John Buster

John Buster SDN Bronze Donor Bronze Donor 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I'm down. I'm in Burbank, but I'm down to make it out there.

7. Ryomagoku

Ryomagoku 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    We should all just form like a support group or like fb group page or Skype group so we can help each other out!!

John Buster likes this.
  8. meds2012

meds2012 MCAT study partner in Los Angeles 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

About the ads