MCAT Study Groups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MsEvolution

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone... I'm taking the MCAT in August and I would love to find a study partner. I can't afford the reviews (I signed up for online and so far--ok) and I think it would be so helpful to find someone to practice with. I'm sure there are other people who feel that way!

Maybe we can start by sharing our location? By state? I'm in Washington State... is there anyone out there studying for the MCAT that would like to have a study partner?

Members don't see this ad.

hi! i'd love to help out - i'm good in the bio and verbal sections.... but really needing help with the phys sci section.... but i'm in LA so i don't know how that would work....

it's so weird but people just don't offer themselves up to study together.... i'm taking TPR and everyone just keeps to themselves...

maybe a function of the competition?

My Kaplan class seems to really like each other. We all get together and talk during breaks and before class and stuff. Some of the people that live near each other study, but I think the biggest reason more people don't study together is that everyone is so busy with other stuff that it is hard to match up schedules. I have been pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere of the class though, most people seem pretty easy going.

I just wanted to let you know that studying with other students is the BEST way to prepare for MCAT. Kaplan, EK, Princeton Review... they are all terrible (I have read all their books), I found them useless (except the AAMC exams which you can get on the web). Studying for MCAT is a miserable process and you should do your best to make it fun by working with other students.

My advice:

1/ Always study with real eager beavers. It is annoying to study with people who are not prepared, late or not enthusiastic.

2/ Study with opposite sex. This worked for me, because I always prepared before the meeting because I wanted to impress girls I studied with.

hy2026 said:
I just wanted to let you know that studying with other students is the BEST way to prepare for MCAT. Kaplan, EK, Princeton Review... they are all terrible (I have read all their books), I found them useless (except the AAMC exams which you can get on the web). Studying for MCAT is a miserable process and you should do your best to make it fun by working with other students.

My advice:

1/ Always study with real eager beavers. It is annoying to study with people who are not prepared, late or not enthusiastic.

2/ Study with opposite sex. This worked for me, because I always prepared before the meeting because I wanted to impress girls I studied with.

You really need to tack on a nice "...for me." onto the end of some of those opinions :)

I think TPR rocks and I improved 4 points (or roughly 1/11 of the total points possible) after taking their course, despite being out of college and away from academics for 8 years :D