MCAT study help.. Study while finishing prereqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jrince

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a junior almost a senior and I plan to take the MCAT around spring 2014 but this is my schedule next 2 semesters..

Organic 1 and 2
Physics 1 and 2
Biology 2

(obviously other classes but this is the MCAT material)

I was a late bloomer to the whole medical world was pre-pt before so I am wondering should I use the MCAT study material as a supplement with my classes? I am not sure what study material I should get either my parents think I should just follow along in the study material instead of going over it again after I finish the classes.
I really need help because I am totally lost on the best approach. I have strong study habits and dedicated so I want to do this the best way I can.

Members don't see this ad.

Also if I bought the material now does it change or would it be fine.. I don't want to waste anymore money :/

Do not start studying for the MCAT until you have take all of the requisite material. If that means postponing your exam, so be it.

Focus on learning the material in your courses the best that you can, not just getting an A. The biggest problem students have when it comes to studying for the MCAT is that they never really learned the material all that well to begin with. If you doubt me, go read through the MCAT thread for the 3/23/13 exam. The groaning and weeping is pretty epic.

I've written extensively on how I studied for the MCAT, so if you're looking for some thoughts, feel free to check out my blog. There is also a thread on SDN which details the study method that many have used over the years. Best of luck.