1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

MCAT study organization

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by hokiemon, Feb 24, 2007.

1. hokiemon

hokiemon Member
    5+ Year Member

I was just wondering how people organized their materials while studying. I've heard plenty about the prep material and classes but what about how you go about keeping notes with what you're learning, what you need to cover in detail, and what you're having a hard time with. Do you keep a notebook, flashcards, binder, write in the books?

Would anyone mind sharing how they go about keeping all the material organized so its accessible and easy to look up again?

thanks

2. cgDDS

cgDDS Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
  3. estairella

estairella Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I wrote notes on computer. Before every full length I would go through the Kaplan formula sheets (I have never seen TPRs but I like Kaplan's.. I only needed to add in a few formulas of my own) to make sure I knew what was going on.

I kept my flashcards in a box. Umm...

Oh yeah, I did have one computer document that put together some of the notes, as well as new stuff, based on what I struggled with. Like I would have all the hormones listed there, formulas I often screwed up, etc.

For what you need to cover in detail, you'll learn that from taking full lengths. Just study what you missed out and if you do enough full lengths, that should about cover it all.