mcat study prep

Started by med4lyf
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

med4lyf

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

This is my first post on SDN. I'm an incoming junior who will be taking the mcat in the summer of 2013. I will be taking physics I and II this upcoming fall and spring semester respectively. So far, I haven't done any preparation for the mcat. However, I have completed the gen chem, gen bio, organic chemistry requirements, with only physics remaining. I plan on taking a Kaplan course (small classroom environment) for the spring semester (so I have atleast a semester of physics in me). For the summer of 2013, I plan on following the popular 3 month mcat study schedule outlined on SDN forums, and then take the mcat.

However, I'm not sure how to study for the upcoming fall semester. What specific books should I buy for the fall? Should the books that I get in the fall be the same books I will be using for the 3 month study schedule or different? I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks!
 
Uh...you should get whatever books your professors requires...? Are you asking for what books you need for fall semester, or what books you need for studying for the MCAT? For MCAT, just get whatever books SN2ed's plan uses.
 
Uh...you should get whatever books your professors requires...? Are you asking for what books you need for fall semester, or what books you need for studying for the MCAT? For MCAT, just get whatever books SN2ed's plan uses.

Sorry if it wasn't clear. I'm asking for what books should I use to study for the mcat during the fall? Ok, I'll get the books by SN2ed, thanks. Hopefully, a new edition doesn't make a big difference since I will be getting them now rather than next year.