Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MCAT Study Tips

Discussion in 'MCAT Study Question Q&A' started by vsonew, 05.17.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. vsonew

vsonew

Hello! Im new to the forum and this is my first time writing the MCAT. My date is set for Sept 6th this year and I have recently started the inclass Princeton program that runs from Monday-Thursdays. I just wanted to know from people who have scored 30+ on their mcats just a couple of questions:
    1) when did you write your mcat?
    2) approx how long did you take to prepare for it?
    3) approx what your scores for each section were and how you studied for each?
    4) any helpful tips on study scheudals, how to study certain sections, and about the process overall?

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP, ITS REALLY APPRECIATE!
    - from a nervous yet hopeful 2nd year student who wants to do well on her first time on the mcat so that she doesnt have to write the new 7hour mcat in 2015.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. syoung

syoung MS-3 5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
  4. vsonew

vsonew

awesome thankyou syoung!

5. NextStepTutor_1

NextStepTutor_1 Next Step MCAT Tutor Exhibitor 2+ Year Member

SDN
    Exhibitor
    You can also look towards the following :

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/next-step-mcat-tutor-office-hours.970/

to find specific tips for various sections and the test as a whole. In general for me, what I found important was having a good study schedule set and then working to keep analyzing the work that I did. So, every time I did a practice test, I would find out where I was weakest and try to find a method to improve that section.

About the ads