MCAT studying while taking Physics 2 and Biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rntomd2022

Reaction score
Hello everyone as the title says, I plan on taking Physics 2 and Biochem in the spring and study for the MCAT, I am an ER RN and work 36 hours a week. Would you all advise this or against this? I may drop to PRN status during that semester, any advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I would not study for the mcat until after you have taken biochemistry and physics 2. Physics 2 tends to be less intuitive for students and biochemistry is the most important class for the mcat.

Okay, when is the best time of year to test?

The mcat is administered January through September. The best time to take the mcat is when you are best prepared to excel on the exam. Some folks try to test during the summer/early fall in order to have their scores ready for the next cycle. Others try to take the exam in January - June in order to apply for that year’s application cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doing two is hard and inadvisable.
Doing three is straight up impossible. Would suggest studying in the summer and taking whenever you are ready. If this is your last semester, and you plan on applying in the same summer, you are a bit more limited in terms of time, but taking it for example on Sept 28th would allow you a solid 4 months of studying.

Don’t take it before biochemistry! Physics 2 doesn’t appear frequently on CP, but biochemistry is everywhere on the MCAT except CARS.