MCAT Superscore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

F#&$#^&&@theMCAT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I know OH-COM does this. but do you know what other schools might superscore two MCAT sittings?

Members don't see this ad.

It's barely a thing. People claim it is at some schools like pcom, but if you contact the admissions most of them say they don't do it. The only one I am certain does is George Washington because it's on their website.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is for sure a thing. I am certain that at least 5 DO schools do this as well as MD's. I am just trying to compile a list of them, so I have been calling admission offices. Will let you all know when I'm done.

Reactions: 3 users
This is for sure a thing. I am certain that at least 5 DO schools do this as well as MD's. I am just trying to compile a list of them, so I have been calling admission offices. Will let you all know when I'm done.
have you figured out which DO schools superscore?

i know that Albany and StonyBrook do this. called their offices.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does superscore mean?

I believe that's when the school takes your highest scores from each section of the MCATs you've taken and combine them. So if your first attempt was a 8,10,11 and your second attempt was 10,9,9 respectively then they would take your highest score from both exams for each section and combine it for your total score so in this case it would be 10,10,11. Hope that helps.

I believe that's when the school takes your highest scores from each section of the MCATs you've taken and combine them. So if your first attempt was a 8,10,11 and your second attempt was 10,9,9 respectively then they would take your highest score from both exams for each section and combine it for your total score so in this case it would be 10,10,11. Hope that helps.

What's interesting about the example you gave was that the "confidence interval" for a 28 and 29 would be about 26-31 and the superstore you gave is a 31. I wonder if these same schools use the upper end of the confidence interval for people that took the exam once. So if you took it once and got a 30 would they consider it like you "could have gotten a 32 on a better day?"