MCAT Test Administration Complaints

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

conure

Master Distiller
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to hear some of the issues people had at the test site with issues concerning administration. I think there were numerous at my site.

Boston- John Hancock Center

1. This is probably the biggest problem. About ten people in the room did not get the same form for all sections. Luckily I wasn't one of them. I got the wrong form and so did the girl next to me and we switched. But others weren't so lucky. When it was brought up to the proctors they said to ignor it and don't worry about it. I don't think thats right. There is a reason they tell you to take the same form.

2. We did not begin the exam until 10:15 am. The incompetent proctors took almost two hours checking in the 150 or so peolpe there. This pissed me off because we didn't get to lunch until 1:30 and leave the test center until 6:30pm. I mean come on.

3. The gave the wrong minutes remaining announcement during the physical sciences. They said there was 45min left when there was really 50 left. Luckily they realized there mistake.

These people sucked and I will write a complaint to the testing service.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Corey
Well, i only hope that I don't have nearly all of these problems out of my proctors as some of you guys had. Plus, I'm not the type of person to just sit there and be annoyed when I know that this tests has so much importance on the rest of my life. I won't be penalized or put in a corner or anything if I fend for myself (and others who may not be as bold as I am) will I?

Has anyone every told the proctor that he/she was very distracting?

Corey.

I'm with you. This is my test that I paid $160 for it and there's no way I would put up with a distracting proctor. If the proctor was doing something that distracted me, I would call attention to it right away!

Has complaining about mcat administration ever worked? It seems to me like it is useless to do other than for the reason of getting these complaints off your chest. Nothing's perfect, do you expect the situations to be perfect when you're treating patients? Probably not.

Some of your complaints may be valid, yet that would be all they are- valid complaints. If you need perfect conditions, no offense, but perhaps you would make a better theoretician than a practitioner.

Originally posted by Wilford Brimley
Some of your complaints may be valid, yet that would be all they are- valid complaints. If you need perfect conditions, no offense, but perhaps you would make a better theoretician than a practitioner. [/B]

Wow...This is dripping with arrogance. What are you going to tell a patient who complains about something that is reasonable to complain about but can't be changed? Tell them they would make good theoreticians? :laugh:

~AS1~

Originally posted by AlternateSome1
Wow...This is dripping with arrogance. What are you going to tell a patient who complains about something that is reasonable to complain about but can't be changed? Tell them they would make good theoreticians? :laugh:

~AS1~

I'm not trying to be arrogant. You know as well as I that anyone can be a patient, yet not everyone can be a doctor.