MCAT Test Date & Princeton Prep Class Advice?

Started by jvn3110
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jvn3110

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm about to enter my Junior year and plan on applying to Medschool next summer and so I wanted to take the MCAT in January so I could have it out of the way and have time to retake it if needed. My only worry is that by that point in time I would not have taken the second semester of Physics yet.

I'll have all of my other prereqs done by that point but I wanted to know if having that second semester is absolutely necessary or if I could cover it through selfstudy/prep classes. (I took advanced Physics senior year of highschool if that means anything).

Also, I plan on taking the Princeton review and I'm trying to decide whether to take the regular 3 month course from October until January or "Holiday Hell" where I would have classes everyday during winter break and basically would cram the same course into a one month period before taking the MCAT. The only problem with the regular 3 month course is that I'll be simultaneously taking a fairly heavy course load so I'm not sure which would be better.

Thank you for you time and suggestions!
 
Well okay, first let me ask you which topics have you covered in Physics so far in the first semester Physics that you took.

I personally don't feel that you will be at a disadvantage because university level physics is a bit more advanced than MCAT Physics. Especially since you say that you took advanced physics in high school, I think you would have been exposed to all areas of MCAT physics and I don't think it will be completely new material to you.