MCAT testing Locations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harmony14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine is trying to register for the MCAT but the testing sites are only located in Tennessee or Florida no matter the date we choose. we are located in Texas. does anybody else have this problem. registration for April and May opened today at 12pm and it's only been 4 hours since. I didn't have this problem and I registered a day late.

Members don't see this ad.

A friend of mine is trying to register for the MCAT but the testing sites are only located in Tennessee or Florida no matter the date we choose. we are located in Texas. does anybody else have this problem. registration for April and May opened today at 12pm and it's only been 4 hours since. I didn't have this problem and I registered a day late.
Registration for TX doesn't open until tomorrow.

Thank you very much
My pleasure!! You didn't ask, but the apparent reason is that when AAMC reopened registrations after the shut down last spring, it was a disaster, and many of us were stuck in an online waiting room for literally hours trying to register. Breaking up the country by geography for the first two days is actually a clever way to mitigate the crush.

The only thing that is inexplicable is why your friend was able to see options in TN and FL when searching for TX. That must just be a website glitch. Anyway, they'll be good to go at noon tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
My pleasure!! You didn't ask, but the apparent reason is that when AAMC reopened registrations after the shut down last spring, it was a disaster, and many of us were stuck in an online waiting room for literally hours trying to register. Breaking up the country by geography for the first two days is actually a clever way to mitigate the crush.

The only thing that is inexplicable is why your friend was able to see options in TN and FL when searching for TX. That must just be a website glitch. Anyway, they'll be good to go at noon tomorrow!

Yeah I read up on it because I found it weird. Funny how they split it up the country though.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I read up on it because I found it weird. Funny how they split it up the country though.
I'm sure they just did it based on historic numbers they get from each state, in order to even out web traffic to avoid the access problems we had last May. The fact your friend was able to get through shows that whatever they did (probably adding capacity in addition to reducing demand) seems to have worked!