Summer Sweet

Le chéri, c'est la vie
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Are we allowed timers on the actual test? I thought we probably were, but I'm just not sure so I don't want to spend 30 bucks on the "silent timer" unless I can use it on the test.

But if I take the computerized test next year, is it even worth getting the timer to use for 5 more weeks while I'm taking the PR prep course? Since the computer has a timer already...? I mean sure, you could say "What's another 30 bucks?" but I've practically dished $2000 on prep just for courses and info books, so I'm trying minimize everything else so I don't have to ask my parents for money.

ArminTamzarian

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Summer Sweet said:
Are we allowed timers on the actual test? I thought we probably were, but I'm just not sure so I don't want to spend 30 bucks on the "silent timer" unless I can use it on the test.

But if I take the computerized test next year, is it even worth getting the timer to use for 5 more weeks while I'm taking the PR prep course? Since the computer has a timer already...? I mean sure, you could say "What's another 30 bucks?" but I've practically dished $2000 on prep just for courses and info books, so I'm trying minimize everything else so I don't have to ask my parents for money.

Just watches are allowed. Besides, how many times to you plan to check the time? You will receive time warnings

go lakers

10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2006
CA
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
only watches, and they usually make sure they stay on your wrist

OP
Summer Sweet

Summer Sweet

Le chéri, c'est la vie
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I thought they used to allow timers. Am I wrong, or did they just change it?

TMP-SMX

Moderator Emeritus
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Summer Sweet said:
I thought they used to allow timers. Am I wrong, or did they just change it?
If it beeps they will give you a warning and then you'll get written up. If you stay quiet they won't care, but if you make any kind of noise with the thing you can't use it.

And it MUST be on your wrist.