MCAT Timer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Verloren

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are previous threads, but none are very recent.

Can anyone who has taken the MCAT recently tell me if there are little pop-up reminders that I have 45 minutes left, 5 minutes left like on the AAMC practice tests?

Do they work like the ones on the AAMC practice tests, where the timer doesn't continue until you click ok?

I'm wondering what would happen if I came back from my break a few seconds or minutes late--would it just automatically jump into my next section, and I would lose time? I don't plan on having breaks longer than 10 minutes, but what if there's a line in the bathroom, etc etc. Just in case, guys!

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

That is funny ... I was thinking the same thing ... I can do without the 45 min, but the 5 min helps me.

My bf sat for the test this past September and he said it's exactly the same, except the timer will start the section regardless if you are there or not.

On the real thing the timer ONLY warns you when half of your time is up (35 min for PS/BS, 30 min for VR, 15 min for each essay). You have to click an OK button, but times does keep ticking in the background.