Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MCAT timing advice (2015 mcat)

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by chaii, 05.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. chaii

chaii 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi everyone,

I will be starting my junior year this fall, still needing to take Orgo 2 and physics 2 (which will be done this fall). My question is should I go ahead and take the current MCAT in late Janurary, spending the fall semester and the entire winter break dedicated to mcat study, after I finish my final 2 prereqs. Or would the smarter option be to hold off and take the new MCAT sometime in the spring?

Keep in mind for the new MCAT I would be take it while still being in enrolled in Biochem...which is what is concerning.

Cliffs:
    -Junior this fall, still need to complete orgo 2 and physics 2
    -Take current version of MCAT in late Jan while studying during the semester and winter break...or
    -Take new MCAT in spring 2015 while being simultaneously enrolled in biochem
    -I would like to apply for med schools summer 2015

thanks in advance for any responses!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Essene

Essene People don't bury nickels 2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Those were Cliffs?

I'm kind of in the same boat. I have Orgo I and II to take until I complete my sophomore year. If I had already taken Orgo I I'd take the mcat now.

4. chaii

chaii 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    ^^ tried my best with the cliffs ;)
    Sounds like you'll have plenty of time to take the MCAT during your junior year!

About the ads