MCAT Tutors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The REAL Doc McStuffins

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the MCAT for the first time in august and got a 492. Will of course be a reapplicant next year. My concern is I don’t know where to begin with studying for the MCAT. I know I need a tutor or tutoring program to help me at least get a 500. If anyone knows any good MCAT tutors or prep programs please let me know! I’m aiming for a retake in April or may.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have money for a tutor get one if not Khan Academy (free) on 1.5x speed and UWorld (about $300 for a 3 month subscription) will help you raise your score. I raised my score 5 points overall self studying with just those two.

Uworld has great detailed explanations for why a wrong answer is wrong and why a right one is right.
Khan Academy + UWorld for sure is bread and butter so make sure you definitely utilize those.

Reactions: 1 users
Happy to give some free advice on an MCAT study plan if you want to DM me!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I took the MCAT for the first time in august and got a 492. Will of course be a reapplicant next year. My concern is I don’t know where to begin with studying for the MCAT. I know I need a tutor or tutoring program to help me at least get a 500. If anyone knows any good MCAT tutors or prep programs please let me know! I’m aiming for a retake in April or may.
Khan academy is great. I bought BluePrint Prep and thought it was worth every penny. They form a study schedule for you. I also googled mcat study schedules and found several free ones online.

Even if you can get a long-term tutor, maybe you could find someone who can sit with you a few sessions to at least map out everything and what you need to do and then do self-directed studying

Reactions: 1 user