MCAT Tutors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The REAL Doc McStuffins

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I took the MCAT for the first time in august and got a 492. Will of course be a reapplicant next year. My concern is I don’t know where to begin with studying for the MCAT. I know I need a tutor or tutoring program to help me at least get a 500. If anyone knows any good MCAT tutors or prep programs please let me know! I’m aiming for a retake in April or may.
 
If you have money for a tutor get one if not Khan Academy (free) on 1.5x speed and UWorld (about $300 for a 3 month subscription) will help you raise your score. I raised my score 5 points overall self studying with just those two.

Uworld has great detailed explanations for why a wrong answer is wrong and why a right one is right.
Khan Academy + UWorld for sure is bread and butter so make sure you definitely utilize those.
 
So I took the MCAT for the first time in august and got a 492. Will of course be a reapplicant next year. My concern is I don’t know where to begin with studying for the MCAT. I know I need a tutor or tutoring program to help me at least get a 500. If anyone knows any good MCAT tutors or prep programs please let me know! I’m aiming for a retake in April or may.
Khan academy is great. I bought BluePrint Prep and thought it was worth every penny. They form a study schedule for you. I also googled mcat study schedules and found several free ones online.