MCAT Verbal Help

Started by jfcap
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jfcap

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've taken a Kaplan prep course, and the MCAT once. I did absolutely horrible on the MCAT verbal, scoring a whopping 6. Im retaking the test on July 2nd, and need help on ways to improve my VR score.

I can't seem to get above a 70% on practice passages. I've notied that my score doesn't change whether or not I map the passage (I feel less rushed when I do not map them).

I find that I easily lose focus during passages that I find boring, even when mapping.

What are some strategies I can use to improve my VR score?
 
Go to EK. Get their Verbal 101. Very helpful and I attribute it in part to how well I improved(making consistent 10's on their stuff as well as the real thing).