MCAT Verbal Line numbers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshine02

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the current CBT have line numbers in the verbal section? I was confused after reading a few threads. Some said that they don't have them any more but others said they still give you line numbers.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does the current CBT have line numbers in the verbal section? I was confused after reading a few threads. Some said that they don't have them any more but others said they still give you line numbers.

This. I just took my first practice AAMC through Kaplan's online material. I was so flustered by the fact that TPRH and EK 101 had line numbers but then the CBT would ask about a word or phrase in the passage with NO line numbers.

There are no line numbers on the real MCAT. They can refer to a word and not give you a line number and it can be frustrating. Often they will give you a paragraph number. But, definitely no line numbers on the exam.

There are no line numbers on the real MCAT. They can refer to a word and not give you a line number and it can be frustrating. Often they will give you a paragraph number. But, definitely no line numbers on the exam.

Well that sucks and also seems rather inappropriate of the review materials to include.

Members don't see this ad :)
The whole verbal section is frustrating. It is the most ridiculous section of any standardized test I have taken.

Yep. After analyzing each AAMC I have taken, there are patterns but even then it is ridiculous. Natural Science writers love to catch test takers by tweaking a word here and there to make their wrong answers. However, humanities writers do the opposite and twist their words to make their right answers. The AAMC does everything in their power to make this section an impossible thing to study for. There are no real tricks that can be used, unlike the science sections. One just has to understand the passage and knowing how to analyze the questions/answers.

Yep. After analyzing each AAMC I have taken, there are patterns but even then it is ridiculous. Natural Science writers love to catch test takers by tweaking a word here and there to make their wrong answers. However, humanities writers do the opposite and twist their words to make their right answers. The AAMC does everything in their power to make this section an impossible thing to study for. There are no real tricks that can be used, unlike the science sections. One just has to understand the passage and knowing how to analyze the questions/answers.

The subjectivity of it is what kills me.