Mcat Verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

visualwealth

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mcat Verbal tips...

Does anybody have any??

If anybody boosted their score by alot of points, how did you do it??

What do I need to do to get 12??

Members don't see this ad.

visualwealth said:
Mcat Verbal tips...

Does anybody have any??

Practice, practice, practice. Did I mention you should practice?

I'd highly suggest EK's Verbal strategy. It's simple, no frills and probably the best out there IMHO.

I thought Princeton Review had a good strategy. And remember, usually one choice is just crazy-talk anyway, one choice is easy to eliminate, the other two are tougher. And let me reiterate: practice. Practice reading quickly but efficiently, learn to spot key phrases, and READ THE QUESTION carefully. Make sure you're answering the right question, they throw in so much "what is not the answer?" questions.

I think MCAT writers are evil folks that sit around giggling about how they make our lives difficult.

visualwealth said:
Mcat Verbal tips...

Does anybody have any??

Do not skip around the verbal section to read things that look like you'll understand them. The questions aren't evenly distributed so a long but easy to understand passage may have 5 questions, while the one you skipped may have 6 or 7, and the question difficulty doesn't parallel the passage difficulty. So Don't skip around between passages, read from the first to the last.