MCAT without orgo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mishjtnyu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the MCAT without taken orgo? What prep did they use for the Orgo section? How did you do? Thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

MCAT without orgo? Don't even think about it!

mishjtnyu said:
Has anyone taken the MCAT without taken orgo? What prep did they use for the Orgo section? How did you do? Thanks..

I can't tell you what to do, but I can show you what other people told me:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=178377

I got a 12 in the biological sciences section in August, without organic, but I don't think it's possible to go higher without learning some of the stuff. I solicited advice in the thread linked to above; haven't put it into practice yet.

I should warn you: even I don't recommend it. Without physics, you might survive if you had good resources (and a prep course, preferably from me), but organic seems to be another matter.

Good luck.

Not completely w/o orgo, but I did it with 1/2 of orgo labs, 2/3 of lectures (Ohio State is on quarters), 2/3 of Physics, no biochem, no genetics... not much really.

Studied by myself using TPR books from a friend. Not a phenomenal score, but here I am.

NS