Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

MCAT writing

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Fay, May 1, 2007.

1. Fay

Fay

Non-Student
    I'm very bad at writing. Do anyone know if there're books that have tons of essay samples for MCAT writing prompts? I'm thinking if I read more good essays, I may be able to write better...

thx:luck:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. prettymonkey

Pre-Medical
    i second that request. i have the kaplan stuff but they like to take the approach: here is an essay... what do YOU think is wrong with it? i do not need to learn how to edit someone else's essay, just give me examples of really really good ones. i dont have time to read bad essays.

4. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012

Attending Physician
    www.e-mcat.com Click on the writing sample link. It has multiple essays and the score each might recieve. :luck:

5. prettymonkey

Pre-Medical
    perfect. thank you.

6. Fay

Fay

Non-Student
    Thanks.:)

7. Fay

Fay

Non-Student
    Btw, what materials do people use to prepare for verbal and writing (besides the e-mcat website) ? Are they good?

8. badasshairday

badasshairday Vascular and Interventional Radiology

Resident [Any Field]
    Did you guys really practice the writing sample hardcore? I didn't. I just did it a few times so I could make my practice tests more real. I had two of them graded by Kaplan. It went alright.