Mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamsicle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is the latest we can take the MCAT in our junior year if we want to be able to enter medical school in the fall after our senior year? thanks :D

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I had an answer here... it used to be April since the MCAT was only offered twice a year. Of course, there were folks that took the August MCAT in their senior year and still applied and got in for the fall after graduation. However, wasn't there a rumor about offering the MCAT 20 times a year or so? In that case, you could take it the last day of your junior year and still have time to apply.

ShyRem said:
I wish I had an answer here... it used to be April since the MCAT was only offered twice a year. Of course, there were folks that took the August MCAT in their senior year and still applied and got in for the fall after graduation. However, wasn't there a rumor about offering the MCAT 20 times a year or so? In that case, you could take it the last day of your junior year and still have time to apply.

Starting in 2007, they're offering it 22 times a year, from January through the first part of September, with the majority of the tests between April and August. It will also be completely computerized, and will only take a little more than 5 hours to complete. Here are the testing days for 2007:

January 27 - Morning
January 29 - Afternoon
April 7 - Morning
April 12 - Afternoon
April 16 - Afternoon
May 11 - Afternoon
May 16 - Morning
May 25 - Morning
May 31 - Afternoon
June 15 - Morning / Afternoon
July 13 - Morning / Afternoon
July 24 - Afternoon
August 6 - Morning
August 9 - Morning / Afternoon
August 14 -Afternoon
August 16 -Morning
August 20 -Afternoon
September 7 - Afternoon
September 8 - Morning

It will also only take about 30 days to get the results back, instead of the 60 (I think) it normally takes. They hope to eventually get it down to 14, but I don't think that really applies to anyone here.