MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scooter

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been debating on whether to take Mammalian Physiology or my second semester of Physics next semester (I cannot take both because they are offered at the same time). I took a practice MCAT the other day and it seemed that there was a lot of Physics to which I had not yet been exposed. However, there was also a significant amount of physiology questions. Does anyone have any suggestions (i.e. whether I should take physics or physiology for help on the MCAT)?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

While it depends on your strengths and weaknesses, generally taking the second semester of physics will be much higher yield than a semester of physiology. Why? Because some general biology overlaps with physiology, and the biological sciences section has biochem and organic and general biology, diluting the physics a little. However, the physics part of the MCAT is just that... physics! Plus, I think I'm more prone to forget physics formulas than biological processes!

Just my thoughts!

Jim Henderson, MD editor of Medicalstudent.net http://www.medicalstudent.net

What are you missing for physics? the only things I think that are important for MCAT from physics II are lenses and electicity.... depends how your school breaks it down though...

Try AAMC's sample exams too.