Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MCAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by scooter, Oct 31, 1999.

1. scooter

scooter New Member

I have been debating on whether to take Mammalian Physiology or my second semester of Physics next semester (I cannot take both because they are offered at the same time). I took a practice MCAT the other day and it seemed that there was a lot of Physics to which I had not yet been exposed. However, there was also a significant amount of physiology questions. Does anyone have any suggestions (i.e. whether I should take physics or physiology for help on the MCAT)?

Thanks in advance!

2. Jim Henderson

10+ Year Member

While it depends on your strengths and weaknesses, generally taking the second semester of physics will be much higher yield than a semester of physiology. Why? Because some general biology overlaps with physiology, and the biological sciences section has biochem and organic and general biology, diluting the physics a little. However, the physics part of the MCAT is just that... physics! Plus, I think I'm more prone to forget physics formulas than biological processes!

Just my thoughts!

Jim Henderson, MD editor of Medicalstudent.net http://www.medicalstudent.net

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. larryj

larryj Member
    10+ Year Member

What are you missing for physics? the only things I think that are important for MCAT from physics II are lenses and electicity.... depends how your school breaks it down though...

Try AAMC's sample exams too.