MCCQE I = USMLE Step 3 OR 2 CK ?

Started by thinktank
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thinktank

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

I am taking QE I this fall. Is QE I similar to Step 3 or Step 2 CK?
Background info: I am a PGY-3 in internal medicine. I took Step 3 in December' 07 and Step 2 CK in my 4th year (November' 05)... why oh why I did not take this exam soon after my step 3? 😡
Anyway, I am planning to use only ONE question bank e.g. usmleworld... which one I should subscribe to? step 3 or 2 CK bank?? Any suggestions?

Thank's much.
 
I would do only one (usmle world) question bank either for step 2 CK or step 3 due to time constraint (I'll be manning the MICU next week for the whole month,then wards, etc.). Which one is better to prepare for QE 1??

thank's.
 
I used UW step 2 for the QE1, and i passed for what its worth😀
In retrospect its a hard exam to prepare for. I guess Peds, ob and canadian nonsense should be emphasized for IM residents.