Do you need MCCQE Part 1 to Apply to Ontario Fellowship Programs (IM)?

Started by JibsGuy52
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JibsGuy52

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
US Internal Medicine Program at a good university program. Canadian citizen.

Do I need MCCQE Part 1 to apply to Canadian fellowship programs specifically in Ontario? Even though I will be board certified in US Internal Medicine?
 
I don't know but I'll be applying to Canadian fellowships (also at really good US IM program) in the upcoming cycle and plan to take MCCQE early next year. (I have completed all Steps)
 
I don't know but I'll be applying to Canadian fellowships (also at really good US IM program) in the upcoming cycle and plan to take MCCQE early next year. (I have completed all Steps)
How did it go? study resource?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
US Internal Medicine Program at a good university program. Canadian citizen.

Do I need MCCQE Part 1 to apply to Canadian fellowship programs specifically in Ontario? Even though I will be board certified in US Internal Medicine?

Don't think you need it for the fellowship part of it (sometimes program specific so check with them), but to practice in Canada with an unrestricted license you will need the MCQ1 despite having all the USMLE and US board certification completed