MCG anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andre3k

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anybody heard word from MCG yet? accepted? rejected? when are they making their decisions?

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing in my mailbox today. Anyone else get any news?

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend got accepted he did early decision he heard in like october

stop worrying guys! We have all done everything we can do, whats the use?

Rock out!

didn't someone said that they will call you if you have been accepted? i haven't heard from them so does that mean no phone call= rejection?

didn't someone said that they will call you if you have been accepted? i haven't heard from them so does that mean no phone call= rejection?
I received a phone call notifying me of my acceptance to MCG, and that I should be receiving my letter sometime this week. When I spoke with Dr.Hanes, she said that she wanted to tell me even though they mailed off the letters Monday. i also know other individuals who received calls as well. What does this mean as far as rejected,accepted, or wait listed, i don't know, only MCG would have that answer.

Last edited:
Has anyone received their letters yet (acceptance or rejection) for MCG? I'm getting antsy waiting. Any info would be helpful. :)

Just received the acceptance letter!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
a dental student told me that they already their decision for their class of 2009 already, it was done before thanksgiving. so now they are mailing acceptance letter!

I called them, and they said they were still deciding on a few individuals. Don't lose hope, they're going to send more (probably the rest) next week. Plus there's always the waitlist. I guess you could be right, but I don't see why they would need to lie to me.

I had a call on Monday and received my acceptance letter yesterday. It was certified. I mailed out my acceptance letter and deposit this morning by certified mail. I have heard that they sometimes hold a few slots until spring. I was told that they will kind of have a few people that they have not chosen between yet. I do know that they do not like to send rejection letters close to Christmas. I do not know if the "holding a few spots till spring" is true or not but I wish all the best of luck.

congrats to everyone that got accepted!!!
too bad i didn't get in last year =(

hey guys...for those that are still wondering about the phone call...i called them today and they said that they are still making decisions for who to accept. be patient folks :)

So is Dr. Hanes calling everyone who gets accepted? It would be nice to know, b/c I am staying in Athens until Christmas just in case I get a letter.

No, they are NOT calling everyone who was accepted. I received a letter and 4 other people I know in Athens received letters on Friday December 5th.

Does how quickly you get a letter have something to do with how soon you interviewed? It seems like most people who have got letters interviewed early on...

oh, and thanks David... guess i will be in A-town until christmas eve :)

Does how quickly you get a letter have something to do with how soon you interviewed? It seems like most people who have got letters interviewed early on...

oh, and thanks David... guess i will be in A-town until christmas eve :)
I hope not because I had a pretty early interview and still haven't heard anything... we'll see what happens *fingers crossed*

Good luck to everyone. I had the first interview session. One of my friends had an early October session and my other friend had an early November session. I just wanted to let you know that this throws out the "early interview" hypothesis. I really think there are a lot of factors involved. You're not out of the running until you receive a rejection letter.

Flipper...accepted to Penn? Not considering there?

I was accepted to UAB and I'm fighting with myself right now deciding where I should go. Originally, I told myself I would go to MCG if I was accepted. Now, the decision is a lot harder than I expected it to be.

Good luck to everyone. I had the first interview session. One of my friends had an early October session and my other friend had an early November session. I just wanted to let you know that this throws out the "early interview" hypothesis. I really think there are a lot of factors involved. You're not out of the running until you receive a rejection letter.

Flipper...accepted to Penn? Not considering there?

I was accepted to UAB and I'm fighting with myself right now deciding where I should go. Originally, I told myself I would go to MCG if I was accepted. Now, the decision is a lot harder than I expected it to be.
I'm considering it, but let's be honest... pretty much all the dentists say to go to your cheapest option, and the difference in cost between MCG and Penn is staggering.

i called MCG and they said that they are still reviewing and making decisions about acceptance. When you guys call, did they ask if they have your correct address?

i called MCG and they said that they are still reviewing and making decisions about acceptance. When you guys call, did they ask if they have your correct address?

when i got the call last week, that is one of the few things they were calling to ask about before they mailed out the letter.

Yes, they told me that the first day I called ( Dec 1st )

so i guess they ask everyone that. I thought it could be a hint that something good is about to come so they need the correct address. for those that haven't been accepted yet, we have to wait for two more weeks. =(

My sister got accepted into a pharmacy school today :thumbup: I just wish I got one from MCG too!

so... assuming the worst...

anyone know of a good 1 year masters program in GA? If I dont get in that is what I want to do... hopefully TA-ing can cover the bulk of the cost.

don't lose hope yet....not everyone is notified.

My friend who interviewed last year around the first week of November didnt hear of her acceptance until two days before Xmas.....

*keeping fingers crossed*

so... assuming the worst...

anyone know of a good 1 year masters program in GA? If I dont get in that is what I want to do... hopefully TA-ing can cover the bulk of the cost.
UWG has a non-thesis you can do in about 1.25 years. (2 full semesters and 2 summers). you might be able to do it quicker if you can over-ride course hrs.

I called MCG today and Mrs. Matarsha said that they were still reviewing applications.

I dont think we are going to hear anything until after christmas

We should here before christmas is what they told me.

It's going to be the best Christmas present ever!! :laugh:

in the previous years, it never took them this long. I wonder why it is taking them so long now...maybe it is really competitive this year.

So I assume they are going to send the rest of the accepts all at the same time? Also, if anyone else is in athens... if I get in I am going to party like a rockstar, and everyone is invited. Will post further details if accepted.

Do you guys know if they sending out all the letters before christmas? including rejections? I just want to get this over with, rejection or acceptance, the sooner you know the better so you can make other plans.

Do you guys know if they sending out all the letters before christmas? including rejections? I just want to get this over with, rejection or acceptance, the sooner you know the better so you can make other plans.
Same here... if they don't want me, I just want to know about it already so I can plan to move up north :(

Does anyone know if the majority of MCG spots have been given out? I assumed that about half were, but now I am beginning to wonder...

Does anyone know if they plan on sending any acceptances this week?

when i called them last week, they said that we should around this week. Her exact words were "give it a week or two" so i assume that by this friday, we should hear from them. when you guys call, did they ask them if they have your correct address?

I know of a girl that got her acceptance yesterday... so they are sending them out...

I know of a girl that got her acceptance yesterday... so they are sending them out...
Nice, thanks for the info... can't wait to check my mailbox today.

edit: nothing from them in the mail...
got my new shaver and a couple of netflix though woohoo!! :p

Last edited:
For those of you who have already received acceptance letters from MCG, were they certified?