MCG interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimbo21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten an interview to mcg yet? Mine is scheduled for 8/19. Whoever had those interview feedback pages saved, could you please re-post them?
thanks a ton!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
damn that was quick. When did all your stuff get there? I think my references should have gotten there in the last couple of days.

I think I sent them my secondary the last week of july. They told me that they dont need all of your references in to interview you. I'm EDP by the way, so maybe that explains the early interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Jimbo--

Do me a favor and put in a good word for me while you're interviewing (congrats, by the way). I'm an out-of-stater but would LOVE to get an interview there b/c my best friend is a MS2 at MCG, and I need an excuse for a road trip to visit her!! :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know my chances are slim, but you don't know if you don't try. ;)

Originally posted by jimbo21
I'm EDP by the way, so maybe that explains the early interview.

yeah, that must be it. they didn't even send me a secondary until a little over a week ago, but i'm regular decision.

applying to MCG ,Sweet Tea? Who do you know who's a second year (I have a lot of friends there)?

I'm EDP and received an Interview Invitation for 08/19 as well.. I will see you there Jimbo.. Everyone please post interview feedback if you have any, it would be very helpful and appreciated...

DP

Hi all! I didn't get off of the waitlist, so I also applied EDP. I just sent my secondary off yesterday, because I just recieved it Saturday. In the packet that came with the app, it said that 128 people applied EDP, and I know from my interview that last year 60 were accepted. So you have about a 50% this way, which is way better than the usual 10%. I going to attempt to send you all the interview feedback thing by PM or by email. I separated it into 2 files, and the one labeled #2 is actually the first one. Good luck with the interview!

Hello to everyone that is applying to MCG. I am currently an M1 there, and would like to answer any questions that any of you may have. In response to one of the above posts, yes you are right, you don't have to have all of your information complete to get an interview. It is not a big deal now, but the caveat is that you need to have it completed by the time they vote on your file, which is huge because time is of the essence. A good friend of mine did not get in because he was late on getting his recs completed. He had a good interview, but his voting member had to put lesser candidates up to the voting committee because his file was incomplete. Please feel free to PM me if ya'll want to know any specific information about the interview process or about MCG itself.

Hi radiohead! Congrats on getting in last year. I hope you ae 100% correct about the application timing thing. I applied late last year, and ended up on the waitlist. The worst part is that I never got off! So I am really hoping that that doesn't happen again. Actually I want to avoid that whole waitlist. But thanks for offering up some advice!

hey radiohead,
congrats on getting in. are there any interviewers we should watch out for? I mean, do any of them as any specific questions or look for a certain type of student? Thanks!

hmmm....I had Dr. Green for my non-voting member. He asked me a pretty detailed question about why a patient would have breathing trouble if they were unhooked from a venthilator, without removing the endotracheal tube. He showed me the ET tube, and I could discern that the diameter of the tube was quite smaller than the trachea (A balloon was blown up to fit inside the trachea). Thus, breathing through the tube was, in essence, like breathing through a straw. There is more resistance involved, and therefore, the muscles get tired and don't want to continue breathing. He even asked me the physical law behind that phenomenon. I had no idea. FYI, it is Pousille's law. I will never forget that. It wasn't really that bad.

As for my voting member, I had Dr. McKie. She did not have any brain busters up her sleeve. It was pretty conversational. My advice for you is to not get rattled if your interview with the non-voting member does not go well. If your voting member likes you, you are virtually in because it is that person who makes the decision to present you to the committee. That's my 2 cents. peace