MDpride

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 28, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Predict your Ranking on MCG and MERCER waitlist based on ur profile and interview exp.

board311

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I hope at least top 25 I talked to my pre-med advisor (dr. langford) and he said they ususally let in around 50 people off the waitlist at mcg

About the Ads

fahimaz7

15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
Colorado
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Personally, I think that the waitlist movement for both of these schools could be very suprising. Both MCG and Mercer didn't accept many people from January 15th-April 1st. Why you ask? The acceptances that they handed out in the beginning of this process are still being held on to.

In a normal year, people get accepted at MCG/Mercer in the first few months and they turn down those offers to head to other schools before the end of the interviews. This year, that didn't happen. Applicants are holding their acceptances (why? Who knows).

So, we could either see a lot of movement around mid-May or we could see very little.

I'm hoping for the first option. But, from what I hear, it's very hard to tell what is going to happen in this cycle.

dd128

10+ Year Member
May 30, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I really think its difficult to gauge what an adcom will rate you. More than likely I'm 199 out 200 on mcgs list. But they can kiss my you know what. I'm moving to Texas and not coming back! Unless of course they want to give me an awesome residency in 4 years.

Skymastre

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2008
GA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Yea, I would rank myself high on the waitlist at Mercer...

but if I didn't think I was going to get in, would I have applied in the first place? Probably everyone would rank themselves high.

I was told at Mercer that I was in a good place on the waitlist, and in the next sentence to prepare to be rejected. How to interpret this? Also, I was told Mercer has never had so many qualified applicants before.

So who can say where I really am?

godchaser1016

godchaser1016
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
atlanta
Status (Visible)
Does everyone else struggle to balance staying positive and expecting the worst case? I am a huge fan of positive thinking, but I don't want to be unready.

SO, I am gonna think that I am flat-out rejected and fill out AMCAS and everything. In the end, I hope we all can smile regardless of the short-term outcomes.

fahimaz7

15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
Colorado
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Does everyone else struggle to balance staying positive and expecting the worst case? I am a huge fan of positive thinking, but I don't want to be unready.

SO, I am gonna think that I am flat-out rejected and fill out AMCAS and everything. In the end, I hope we all can smile regardless of the short-term outcomes.

That's a good plan.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.