deciding between MCG and Emory and need some input.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lazy_gudetama

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
  • I have family in the Atlanta area who I could live with and my family ties are closer to Atlanta overall.
  • I'm currently considered out-of-state for MCG, though I may be able to establish in-state residency, not 100% sure on that yet.
  • interested in ophthalmology and a few other competitive specialties.
  • con for MCG is moving around for clinicals
  • maybe con for emory not sure - changing curriculum and know they are doing some changes this year that I'm not fully aware of
  • pro emory: I thrive in a smaller environment
how do they compare in terms of clinical exposure, research opportunities, and support for matching into competitive specialties? Does Emory's name and Atlanta location give a meaningful edge for certain specialties? And for anyone who's gone through the MCG residency reclassification process, how realistic is it to get in-state tuition? I file taxes in Georgia and another state. Looking for any advice on choosing btw the two Thank you!!!