MCG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biggezz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I was wondering if any of you guys are applying to MCG and might have any idea as to when they are going to let us know if we are in. It really is my first choice and I am dieing to know.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

After speaking with the dean of admissions she stated that she did not think they would be sending out acceptance letters until after Jan 1. Since this is her first year as the dean she said it would probably take a little longer for her to get through the admissions process. She also said that they will be sending out all the letters at the same time. That might cause a delay as well. What are you impressions of the school and Augusta? You certainly can't beat the price for the quality of education. Good luck to you, Kevin

Hey Kevin,
Do you mind if I ask you a few questions like what you school do you go to, what is your GPA, and DAT and when did you interview. Drop me an email if you do not want to post it.

Thanks
Ezat

I graduated in 92 with a BA in Biology from the U at Buffalo. My science/overall gpa were around 3.3 with DAT scores 21/20 for Sci/Perceptual. I intervied with the former Dean of Admissions Dr. Miller and a faculty member Dr. Wajak in the begining of October. What are your feelings about the School? I also have visited at UOP and MUSC. I was impressed with the pre-clinical labs. The clinic is fairley nice as well (better than MUSC IMO). The students were friendly and there doesn't seem to be any lack of patients. I spoke with a recent alumni who is now in a ortho residency and he said that he got some great clinical exposure at the school. He said not to have any delusions about dental school being easy. He said it was a tough road, especially for someone looking to specialize. Mabey, it is a good thing that Augusta is so small. I hope this helps let me know if you have any more quesions, Kevin