McGraw-Hill Review Text

Started by Ace-Co-A
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ace-Co-A

As & Is
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

Does anyone have on thoughts on the McGraw-Hill (MH) MCAT review text? I haven't seen MH mentioned once on SDN. I have worked through all the questions and done the practice tests. I'm planning on taking the AAMC's free practice exam tomorrow. I will be taking the MCAT in January 2013 so I have time.

The PS on MH demand a lot of arithmetic that causes my progress to be very slow. Is this typical? (It seems a little intense to ask about natural logarithms and extensive long division on a test for which no calculator may be used.) I'm planning on purchasing the TPR "MCAT Workout" review text as well just for a cross reference. Suggestions/comments? All help is appreciated.

P.S. -- Apologies for breaking taboo earlier -- I'm a newbie.
 
As a general rule, if you've never seen it mentioned much on here, it's usually not recommended. I'd stick with the know companies. As an aside, I doubt any company would suddenly develop a brand new top tier MCAT product when the test will be changing in a few years.

So far, the only company that regularly updates is BR. Kaplan also updated their material a couple years ago, but they probably won't make another major update before the MCAT changes.