Mcmi-iii

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BSWdavid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the MCMI-III without having to pay for it? I am not looking to use the measure in clinical practice, however, I am interested in looking over the measure for my own clinical development.

Members don't see this ad.

I assume you mean the MCMI-III? Like all empirically developed and normed personality/psychopathology measures its copyrighted, so it not available publicly, both for financial and test integrity reasons (APA ethics code 9.11 Maintaining Test Security). If your at a practicum site, ask your supervisor if they have it in the testing supply closet or whatever they have there. Does your psych department not keep assessment instruments around for grad students to use or learn on? You would want to read the manual if you actually learn about it though.

Last edited:
I assume you mean the MCMI-III? Like all empirically developed and normed personality/psychopathology measures its copyrighted, so it not available publicly, both for financial and test integrity reasons (APA ethics code 9.11 Maintaining Test Security). If your at a practicum site, ask your supervisor if they have it in the testing supply closet or whatever they have there. Does your psych department not keep assessment instruments around for grad students to use or learn on? You would want to read the manual if you actually learn about it though.

I had the letters backwards in the subject line but not in the actual message.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you buy the manual you may be able to request a sample copy of the test. I know that the PAI does that.

Otherwise, there are a ton of books on it that discuss the scales and item content. Why not read one of those?

I had the letters backwards in the subject line but not in the actual message.

*fixed*

There is a Millian Essentials guide that may be a good first read. I haven't read this specific one, though I have read through their MMPI-2 and PAI versions and found them to be a pretty good review of "the basics".

I have the MCMI Essentials book. It's pretty good, but my favorite is A Beginner's Guide to the MCMI-III.

I agree, I guess I should have thoiught of this, duh:laugh: Really anything by Ted Millon will help you understand his conceptualization of PDs. If you can take is unnecessarily verbose vocabulary and writing style, reading some of his books on personalty disorder would be an equivalent substitute for trying to get the actual test. I think you learn more by reading his work actually....

Haha, I had to space out Millon's books. Read one chapter per day!

Interesting as I am currently reading a book by Millon