MCP Hahnemann

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

castaway

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I just recieved an invitation to interview at MCP, and have no idea what to expect. I am from Texas, and this is the first non-Texas school I'll interview at. Can someone tell me what to expect, please. Also, is getting an interview this late in the cycle indicative of anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I interviewed at MCP a little while ago. It's one of the least stressful interviews I've had. Most (if not all) of the people in my group had similar experiences. The people who interviewed us were super friendly, and very laid back.

They pretty much stick to the basics (activities, why MCP, etc.)... check out interviewfeedback.com and just relax and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Hey Castaway,
Did you interview at the Texas schools? I am from Texas also and I am a grad student at MCP. Good luck on the interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Suzy. Yes, I interviewed at Tech, TAMU and UT Houston. What program are you doing at MCP? I am considering the IMS (?) program, where you take med school courses, in case I don't get into a Texas school. If you are in that program, please tell me what you think of it. Also, where did you interview in TX and how did you rank them?
My list is 1. Tech 2. TAMU 3. UT (very much the opposite of most, I'm sure!!).

Suzy, thanks for your e-mail reply. I have a few more questions about the IMS program and applying, especially to Texas schools. I noticed you started the program last fall (2001). Since you are applying for 2002 admission, won't it be too late to use your 1st semester IMS grades to boost your application (in other words: how do students who get in after one year of IMS use their grades to their advantage)?

The Texas schools are pretty much wrapped up by mid December. When you interviewed in TX did you get any reaction to your being in IMS from interviewers? Do you think your performance/attendance in IMS will help you in TX? I am sorry to throw these questions at you, but I am seriously thinking of IMS as a back-up. My best.